Whether you are out for a run or just snuggling up on the sofa to watch a film, pets can make the perfect companion providing unconditional love and friendship. You want to ensure they are happy and well-looked after but, as cute as they may be, Vanish understands it doesn’t matter if they are canine or feline, you love your pets, but not the messes that they leave behind.
Here is a look at three things that some pet owners consider to be pet peeves and how to deal with them:
FUR - “I love my pets but their fur is so difficult to remove!”
Both cats and dogs shed their fur throughout the year, it can be inconvenient when it comes to cleaning as the hairs intertwine with the carpet fabric.
If you have a pet, then you already know how troublesome removing their fur from the carpet can be. Fortunately, Vanish Preen Powerfoam and PowerPowder for Carpets can removethan vacuuming alone.
- Shake well and spray or sprinkle onto the desired area you wish to clean
- Gently work the foam or powder into the carpet using a clean, colourfast, soft, damp brush or sponge
- Leave until dry, and vacuum
URINE – “I just got a puppy and when he gets so excited he wets himself.”
This usually happens to puppies under the age of one year, and you may experience them getting excited when they are playing, when you come home or when people come overAlthough it is going to take some time for your puppy to grow out of this, it is always good to start toilet training your pet as soon as possible to try to instil good habits when they are young. For any training matters please check with a veterinarian or a pet specific specialist. If your fluffy friend does get excited and has any accidents Vanish can always help you remove the stains. Vanish
DIRT – “For some strange reason, my cat loves rolling around in dirt than rolling around on the carpet. He is too cute to stay mad at but it is such a pain to remove.”
Once in a while you are bound to encounter some dirty paw prints. This is something that is going to be more common through the wetter months and more obvious in places where your fluffy companion is entering and exiting your home. It is best to use Vanish Preen PowerPowder or Power Foam for Carpets, they are easy to use and removes 5x more dirt than vacuuming alone, leaving your carpet feeling soft:
- Prepare the carpet by going over with a vacuum to remove any excess dirt and dust.
- Before use, if using Vanish PowerPowder, shake the powder container vigorously before each use to maximise product coverage.
- Sprinkle Vanish Preen PowerPowder or spray Vanish Preen PowerFoam generously and evenly on the carpet. Do not apply to more than 0.6x1.5m area at a time to prevent drying out.
- Using a soft brush, immediately work the powder for foam into the carpet. Gently brush until soil disappears.
- Allow the powder or foam to work until the carpet is completely dry (at least 20 minutes. Longer drying time may be required in humid weather). During this time, air the room well.
- In rare cases there may be light patches after vacuuming due to the powder or foam binding onto soil residues; remove the soil residues with a soft brush and vacuum again.
you prefer to have a feline companion, or the canine variety, if they are urinating or treading dirt through the house, patience can wear thin when you are left to pick up the pieces.. When your carpet and upholstery starts to look tired and dull, use the Vanish range to tackle them head on with the carpet and upholstery range.
The Vanish Carpet Care range can combat carpet , stains, including on carpet in hallways, staircases and doorways. Remember to always follow the instructions on the label ventilate the area during and after use and keep out of direct contact of your pets whilst cleaning.
Always patch test a hidden area first.